Pivot Table Problem with Formatting

  1. #1
    Kathleen Bell
    Guest

    Pivot Table Problem with Formatting

    I have a workbook that has two pivot tables on the first spreadsheet.
    One table works fine but the other has a problem with formatting.
    There are several rows with the same numbers, but one would be on the
    left side of the cell and the other on the right. I figured one must be
    considered a number and one a text. I tried to format the column they came
    from as text, but we still had the same problem. That column was a vlookup,
    so I also formated the column that came from. It still did the same thing.
    Does anyone know what else I can do?

  2. #2

    Re: Pivot Table Problem with Formatting

    Formatting the column doesn't change the value in the cell.

    If you want to try to change the text numbers to number numbers, you could try
    this:

    Select an empty cell
    edit|copy
    select the range to fix
    edit|paste special|click Add

    Now back to the pivottable and refresh it.