Sorting in excel

  1. #1
    Just Me
    Guest

    Sorting in excel

    I don't know Excel very well so please keep the answers to my question very
    basic.

    I have a worksheet that has 2 columns A & B

    A has numbers 1 - 223
    B has dates

    each number has a specific date associated to it for example; 123 would have
    Sept-76

    I want to be able to sort the dates and have the numbers in column A sort
    with them, in other words I want the numbers to be locked to the dates no
    matter what sorting is done.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Sorting in excel

    Hi

    Mark the whole range of your data in columns A and B.
    Data>Sort>Column B>Ascending
    Provided you have marked all of the data, then column A will sort with the
    associated entry in column A.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3