choose Locked & Hidden :Hidden Cells

  1. #1
    Khalil Handal
    Guest

    choose Locked & Hidden :Hidden Cells

    Hi to all
    I have a range of cells F262:F276
    I want to hide the contents of these cells so I choose Locked & Hidden from
    Cell Format Menu sincce the sheet is protected.
    I still see the contents.
    I changes the color to white they don't apear.
    When selecting the cell things inside are visible.

    How to make cell contents invisible (Hidden)?

    Khalil

  2. #2

    re: choose Locked & Hidden :Hidden Cells

    When you lock the cell and check that hidden box (and protect the worksheet),
    the formula is not visible to the user. But the value will still be visible.

    You could hide the row or column (and then protect the sheet), but that won't
    stop any really curious person.

    You could give the cell a custom format of:
    ;;;
    (3 semicolons)

    With the worksheet protected, it may be sufficient for you. Remember to check
    that hidden box. Else the user can see the formula/value in the formula bar.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    re: choose Locked & Hidden :Hidden Cells

    Khalil

    "Locked and Hidden" just hides the contents in the Formula Bar.

    To not see the contents in the cell, Custom Format as ;;;

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP