Indicating Payment Due

  1. #1

    Indicating Payment Due

    I have to keep a fairly basic database of accounts receivable invoices. I would like to set up the database so that when a vendor payment is due, the selection will automatically change color or highlight, or indicate in some way that the due date has been reached. Is this possible? Help!!!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Indicating Payment Due

    nicholea

    Format>Condtional Formatting is the way to go.

    Select the vendor due date cell(I'll call it C2) and CF>Formula is:

    =$C2=TODAY() + 2 The +2 gives two days notice that due date is coming soon.

    You can delete that if you want no notice.

    Note the $ sign to anchor the formula to Column C for copying down.

    Pick a color from the Format>Patterns and OK your way out.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    pinmaster

    Here's one way:
    say that your due date is in column D, you could put this formula in a blank column:
    =IF(AND(D1>0,D1<=TODAY()),"Payment Due","")

    another way would be to use Conditional Formatting......Format/Conditional Formatting............just select the "formula is" option from the drop down meny and this formula:
    =D1<=TODAY()
    choose your format....say red background and you're done!

    Hope this helps!
    JG