Scroll bar Screen tip on Excel 2003 discontinued?

  1. #1
    pennyb
    Guest

    Scroll bar Screen tip on Excel 2003 discontinued?

    I have noticed when using Excel 2003 the right hand scroll bar screen tip
    (showing row number) is not available. Word 2003 displays the page number
    when scrolling through a document. Earlier versions of Excel show row
    numbers in a similar way.

    Does anyone know if Excel 2003 has this function and if so, how can I
    activate it please?

    Thank you for your assistance.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Scroll bar Screen tip on Excel 2003 discontinued?

    The scroll bar row tip was discontinued in Excel 2002. It is no longer
    needed because the worksheet scrolls real-time with the scroll bar so you
    can see where you are. Previously scrolling didn't take place until the
    scrollbar was released.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...