tick box, how to set up

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Tiddler
    Guest

    tick box, how to set up

    Hi can anyone explain (if possible) how to set up a tick box?

    I would like to left cliick on the mouse in a cell (to put tick in) and then
    use this tick in a IF statement on another.

    Thnaks again Matt

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: tick box, how to set up

    Hi!

    Here's some code by Bob Phillips and tweaked by Dave Peterson that does what
    you want:

    This procedure let's you click on a cell in a range (defined in the code)
    and places a "checkmark" in
    that cell.

    Option Explicit
    Dim myHeight As Double
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    On Error GoTo sub_exit
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then
    With Target
    If .Value = "a" Then
    .Value = ""
    Else
    myHeight = .EntireRow.RowHeight
    .Value = "a"
    .Font.Name = "Marlett"
    .EntireRow.RowHeight = myHeight
    End If
    End With
    End If
    sub_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub

    This is sheet code.
    Right click the sheet tab and paste into the window that opens.

    Then, to use the checkmark in an IF formula you simply need to test the cell
    to see if it's empty or not.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: tick box, how to set up

    Slight typo:

    >This is sheet code.
    >Right click the sheet tab and paste into the window that opens.

    Should be:

    Right click the sheet tab and select View Code. Then paste the code into the
    window that opens.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Tiddler
    Guest

    Re: tick box, how to set up

    Thanks I think? Which section of code refers to "tick box" location and once
    I have pasted into sheet tab do I just close the window or save somehow?

    Sorry but I 'm fairly new to excel and probably in way to deep thanks for
    your help
    Matt

  5. #5
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: tick box, how to set up

    >Which section of code refers to "tick box" location

    This line:

    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then

    Just change "A1:A100" to whatever range you want.

    >I have pasted into sheet tab do I just close the window or save somehow?

    After you paste the code you just close the VBE (click the "X")

    Now, when you select a cell in the defined range a checkmark will appear.
    Select that cell again and the checkmark will be removed.

    To use that in an IF formula you might do something like this (based on the
    cell having the checkmark):

    =IF(LEN(A1),do_something,do_something_else)

  6. #6
    Tiddler
    Guest

    Re: tick box, how to set up

    EXCELLENT i GOT IT WORKING IN COLUMN N BUT WOULD LIKE TO NARROW THAT DOWN TO
    N11-N14.
    CAN NARROW DOWN TO N14 bUT N1-10 CAN STILL BE TICKED
    (opps sorry about caps)

    Also is it possable to allow only one tick at a time

    Thanks So far keep it coming
    Matt