Paste Links over a Network

  1. #1
    don
    Guest

    Paste Links over a Network

    Hi,

    Hope you can help.

    I have a couple of workbooks that need to use paste links to share some
    information between them. When putting the workbooks together viewed on
    a single computer all seemed well. Information changed in one
    worksheet, was automatically updated in the other.

    The problem came however when we tried to use this over a network using
    different computers. Now the changes are not seen straightaway unless
    the changed workbook is saved first and the paste links updated.

    Is this normal or have I missed a stage when working in a network
    environment.

    Thanks in anticipation

    Don

  2. #2
    Peter Ellis
    Guest

    RE: Paste Links over a Network

    Look at the settings for links in Tools menu | Options | Calc and Edit tabs.
    Could user permissions on the network be part of the problem?

  3. #3
    don

    Peter Ellis wrote:
    > Look at the settings for links in Tools menu | Options | Calc and Edit tabs.
    > Could user permissions on the network be part of the problem?
    >

    > "don" wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Hope you can help.
    >>
    >>I have a couple of workbooks that need to use paste links to share some
    >>information between them. When putting the workbooks together viewed on
    >>a single computer all seemed well. Information changed in one
    >>worksheet, was automatically updated in the other.
    >>
    >>The problem came however when we tried to use this over a network using
    >>different computers. Now the changes are not seen straightaway unless
    >>the changed workbook is saved first and the paste links updated.
    >>
    >>Is this normal or have I missed a stage when working in a network
    >>environment.
    >>
    >>Thanks in anticipation
    >>
    >>Don

    Thanks for your suggestion but that didn't seem to work. Don't think it
    is a permissions thing as I have administrator rights on the folders
    where the files are but I will check.

    Thanks again.

    Regards

    Don