Windows in Taskbar

  1. #1
    faulknerp
    Guest

    Windows in Taskbar

    I have a user that is using Excel 2000 and the option for Windows in Taskbar
    keeps on unticking itself. This means that all workbooks are displayed under
    the same Excel tab on the Taskbar.

    If they go back into the options and re-select the "Windows in Taskbar"
    option all the workbooks come back as seperate entries on the Taskbar. The
    option seems to de-select itself while they are in Excel working.

    I have tried upgrading to Excel 2003, re-creating user profile and running
    all updates for Excel 2003 - nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any
    suggestions please?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Windows in Taskbar

    Hi

    I believe this setting is determined by the first workbook that is opened in
    the Excel session. Check whichever book is the first to be opened and make
    sure that the Windows In Taskbar setting is correct on that book.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Windows in Taskbar

    This is a bug with shared workbooks in Office 2000 and it seems there never
    was a fix for it.

    Excel 2002 has corrected the bug, although you say you have the same problem
    with Excel 2003, which seems strange. I can't replicate the problem.

    Maybe you could use a workbook that checks this setting each time it could get
    changed:

    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th...F659%40msn.com

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP