Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Trim rightword letter in a word

  1. #1
    amag
    Guest

    Trim rightword letter in a word

    I have a list in which the last letter is x e.g DDLX, BBLX, XCVFX. I
    want the final list to look like DDL, BBL, XCVF.

    TIA/Amag

  2. #2
    Stephen
    Guest

    Re: Trim rightword letter in a word

    "amag" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I have a list in which the last letter is x e.g DDLX, BBLX, XCVFX. I
    > want the final list to look like DDL, BBL, XCVF.
    >
    > TIA/Amag

    For a list in column A starting at A1, put this formula in B1
    =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)
    and copy down as far as necessary.

    If you want, you can then copy column B and use
    Edit > Paste Special > Values
    to paste the results, allowing the original list to be deleted.

Closed Thread