mutiple conditional formating

  1. #1

    mutiple conditional formating

    What's the fomula to say in cell E3...
    If E3<D3 and todays date is > the date in H3 then... do what ever.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    =IF(AND(E3<D3,TODAY()>H3),result if true,result if false)

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: mutiple conditional formating

    Roz

    =IF(AND(E3<D3,TODAY()>H3),Do_This,Else_This)

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Thanks, Vito, but where and how do I put that in for the E3 cell, is that in "condition 2" under conditional formatting? The result I want is for that number to turn red if it is true, and if it is false I want it to stay black...make sense? Thanks.

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    While your resultant cell is active, Go to Format|Conditional Formatting and select Is Formula Is from the first drop down and paste or type this: =AND(E3<D3,TODAY()>H3)

    Then click Format and select formats to apply

    Then click Ok.

    Before proceeding go back to check the formula in the conditional format and make sure that there are no quotation marks surrounding it.

    EDIT

    Message edited....
    Last edited by Vito; 12-19-2005 at 03:20 PM.

  6. #6
    Thanks Vito and Nick...But I don't think I am asking the question correctly, because I tried all of the ways ya'll suggested, and they didn't work. What I want to do is for the value in cell E3, I want it to turn red when E3 is less than D3, AND today's date is past the date in G3. If all of that is true, then the value in E3 turns red. Hope that makes it clearer. Thanks again.

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    Not sure if you noticed that I edited my last post,

    Use my formula and select Formula Is from the first drop down.

    There is no need for another conditional statement.

    The And ensures that both conditions are true before formatting the cell.

    BTW, you now changed the 2nd condition to today() > G3, is that right? If so you will have to adjust the H3 in my formula to G3.

  8. #8
    Dude, you da man, it finally worked...this makes my job tons easier!! Thanks for being patient with me!! Have a wonderful day!!