concantenate formula?

  1. #1
    billygalkowski
    Guest

    concantenate formula?

    I havea few thousand 10 digit phone numbers all in one column. I need to
    separate these into two columns with the area code in one column and the
    remaining 7 digit phone number in the other column.

    How do I do this? What is the formula?? Can anyone help me?! THANKS and
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: concantenate formula?

    Try Data/Text to Columns. Click the Fixed width radio button, then Next.
    Click between the 3rd and 4th number. Click Finish.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: concantenate formula?

    Select the column.

    Then Data>Text to Columns>Fixed Width.

    Select the three digits on the left and Finish.

    Make sure you have an empty column to the right of the data before splitting.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest