Generating a report list and statistic worksheet in Excel from other workbooks

  1. #1

    Generating a report list and statistic worksheet in Excel from other workbooks

    Hello-

    I am trying to put together a reporting function, and I have little
    experience working with Excel programming. I have multiple workbooks
    set aside for different users, who update the information in list
    format on a daily basis. These are project lists, so they require
    daily text and numerical input, and the length of the lists vary as the
    projects close or open. I am trying to make a master workbook that
    brings all of these lists together onto a single list. On this master
    workbook is a worksheet that needs to update and add a row of
    statistical data on a daily basis. Additionally, it would be nice to
    add a macro button to these update worksheets, so when they are moved
    from "open" to "close", the entire row is moved to a new worksheet
    called "Closed Projects". How should I start on this?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Generating a report list and statistic worksheet in Excel from otherworkbooks

    First, I'd do my best to not separate the data. I'd keep it all in one sheet
    and use Data|Filter|autofilter to see what I wanted.

    You may be able to use Data|Form
    for data entry.

    If you need more, you may want to look at John Walkenbach's enhanced dataform:
    http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm
    may be sufficient

    And if you want to create your own, then Debra Dalgleish has a get started with
    userforms:
    http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

    And if you really want to move the rows to different sheets...

    Maybe...

    Debra's site:

    Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
    separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
    automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

    or

    Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
    Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
    AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

    And Ron de Bruin's easyfilter.
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm