i couldn't open my excel files,it gives location couldn't find err

  1. #1
    Hozefa
    Guest

    i couldn't open my excel files,it gives location couldn't find err

    Hi,
    i am trying to open my excel files but it gives me the following error:
    "If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used
    files on the file menu,make sure that the file has not been renamed,moved of
    deleted."

    But if i renamed the same file to some other name then it works.so please
    tell me how can i fix this problem.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Hozefa

  2. #2

    Re: i couldn't open my excel files,it gives location couldn't find err

    How are you trying to open the file?

    Are you double clicking on it in windows explorer?

    Or are you using File|Open and choosing the file?

    Or are you using File, then clicking on one of the files at the bottom of that
    dropdown?

    ======
    Just a wild guess, but if the file really exists and you're double clicking on
    the file in windows explorer...

    Sometimes one of these works for slightly different problems.

    Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

    Close Excel and
    Windows Start Button|Run
    excel /unregserver
    then