how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file

  1. #1
    Keith Nicholls
    Guest

    how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file

    Each week I enter sales 4 products in sheet1.With a column per week and row
    per product. Below this I have a cumulative total 2date for each product.
    Sheets 2-6 have results 4 each of the previous 5 years and also a similar
    table showing the cumulative total 2date.Sheets 7 -11 compare performance
    between successive years.Sheet,12, shows results 2date for each product &
    each of the 6 years.
    At present I enter current figures in sheet 1,then go to sheets2-6 and alter
    the sum formula for each row to cover the same number of weeks as on sheet 1.
    Simlarly I have to go to the comparisions sheets 7-11 to change the sum
    formula there. Is there a way I can alter the row sum formula on sheet 1 and
    it automatically alter the corresponding formula on all the other sheets?
    save me a lot of time!

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file

    In any cell on any worksheet you can enter this formula and it will return
    the contents of Cell A1 from Sheet 1.

    =Sheet1!A1

    Change the SheetName and Cell address to suit your needs.

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Keith Nicholls
    Guest

    RE: how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file

    Thanks for suggestion but unforunately it does not solve problem. If I am in
    week20 of the 2005 the cumulative figure in my summary is the sum of cells
    a1: a20 on sheet 1 and so on down the 50 products I monitor.
    On sheet 2004 my summary is the same product a1:a20 and so on for the five
    other sheets
    What I am trying to do is find a way so that when i get to Week 21 and I
    change the formula in the summary to a1:a21 it will automatically change the
    formula on Sheet 2004 to a1:a21 and so on through the other sheets. At the
    moment I am changing the formula on the first line of the summary and then
    copy/pasting the change down all fifty products and then repeating the proces
    on each of the other 10 pages.
    It would be great to find a way of doing only the current year sheet and
    having all the other sheets update formulas at the same time

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file

    If you put this formula in any cell of any sheet, it will SUM the contents of
    cells A1 through A52 on Sheet 1............

    =SUM(Sheet1!A1:Sheet1!A52)

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: how do I update automatically other worksheets in a file

    Why not put your cumulative total2date at the top of your sheets 2-6
    in row 1 (insert a blank row here to move the other rows down) and make
    your sum range fixed as A3:A53 to automatically cover the 50 rows in
    sheet 1 you will need. This way you won't have to make any adjustments.

    Pete