Changing default worksheet tab fonts

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    1940LaSalle
    Guest

    Changing default worksheet tab fonts

    Is there a way to change the default font for a worksheet tab? That is,
    let's say that for some reason I wanted to use 8 point Verdana as opposed to
    whatever the default is. How would I go about changing that?

    Alternatively: is there a way to increase the number of characters allowed
    in a worksheet tab name?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Changing default worksheet tab fonts

    You cannot change the font of the tabs alone.

    30 characters per tab is the limit.

    You can change the size of the tabs.

    This is a function of your Windows Display Properties.

    The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in
    Windows Display Appearance. Mine are at 18. Start there and work your way
    up or down. The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs.

    Win98 as example...

    Right-click on desktop and select Appearance tab

    WinXP Appearance>Advanced)

    "Item" drop down select Scrollbar

    Change setting to Taste
    Apply
    OK

    Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.

    Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    1940LaSalle
    Guest

    Re: Changing default worksheet tab fonts

    So what this means is that I'm locked in with 30 characters for any Excel
    worksheet tab, the size of the tab notwithstanding--and that there is no way
    to tweak the tabs to make that, say, 40 characters?

    If so.....drat. I have some files with rather long chemical names where
    more than 30 characters would be helpful.

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Changing default worksheet tab fonts

    Nope, max size is 32 characters so you have to be inventive coming up with
    the names

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Re: Changing default worksheet tab fonts

    32?

    <vbg>