Problem with Language

  1. #1

    Question Problem with Language

    Hi
    I'm new here and first problem is for me what to call a function in english. I'm running a swedish Excel so Do you have a translation table or something so I know what to write so you understand.

    Robert

  2. #2

    Translate -Just go for it

    Robert

    Just go ahead and explain what you want. If we think we can help you, we will explain what type of fuction to use and and under whicg group to look for the fuction.

    Thiem

  3. #3
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Problem with Language

    Hi Robert,

    In Hungarian Excel we found a FUNCS.XLS file in folding
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\1038
    that contained the translation table of English and Hungarian function names.
    Have a try, perhaps there is a similar table also in the Swedish version.

    Regards,
    Stefi

    „Robert57” ezt *rta:

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Language

    Robert,

    If you enter a function in a cell, and then go into the VBIDE (Alt-F11), in
    the immediate window (Ctrl-G), just type

    ?Activecell.Formula

    this will give you the English equivalent, as VBA works in English.

    RP

    "Robert57" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    [QUOTE=Bob Phillips]Robert,

    If you enter a function in a cell, and then go into the VBIDE (Alt-F11), in
    the immediate window (Ctrl-G), just type

    ?Activecell.Formula

    this will give you the English equivalent, as VBA works in English.

    QUOTE]

    Tnx Bob
    It was an easy way to do it and I will use it in the future.

    Robert

    The Hungarian way was not working on my Swedish Excel. Tnx anyway.

  6. #6
    Stefi
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Language

    Hi Bob,

    Is there a similar way in the opposite direction? E.g. if I receive a
    function tip from you in English, does XL have any feature that translate it
    into a national language?

    Stefi

    „Bob Phillips” ezt *rta:

  7. #7
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Language

    You can download a formula translator here:

    http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

  8. #8
    Stefi
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Language

    Thanks, Niek, it's a fine add-in, but for the moment it doesn't speak
    Hungarian. Maybe it will be added in the future, as it's mentioned in the
    About-text!

    Regards,
    Stefi

    „Niek Otten” ezt *rta:

  9. #9

    Re: Problem with Language

    Yep.

    In the immediate window:

    activecell.formula = "=yourformulahere"

    Remember to double up your quotation marks if have them:
    activecell.formula = "=if(a1="""","""",a1)

    And if you have the formula in R1C1 notation:
    activecell.formular1c1 = "=yourformulahere"

    (And make sure that the activecell is where you want it <vbg>.)

  10. #10
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Language

    But this does assume that you have that language version installed.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  11. #11
    Stefi
    Guest

    Re: Problem with Language

    Thanks Dave and Bob, that is the case, I run a Hungarian version, and this
    translation method works nicely!

    Regards,
    Stefi

    „Dave Peterson” ezt *rta: