sorting question

  1. #1

    sorting question

    I have 10 columns of data that I would like to sort together. Currently when I sort excel only sorts the column I have selected, and the data doesn't line up. Can you help me?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert Ron Coderre's Avatar
    Boston, Massachusetts
    MS-Off Ver
    2013, 2016, O365
    Posts
    6,996
    First....Select all of your data

    THEN....Data>Sort..

    That way all of the other columns' data will move with the sort column.

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: sorting question

    Can you select all 10 columns before you sort or are they not
    contiguous? Sorting demands a single range so if they are not together you
    can select each column using ctrl and mouse, then copy and paste somewhere
    else, then sort

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    "petevang" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    B. R.Ramachandran
    Guest

    RE: sorting question

    Hi,

    Select all the 10 columns --> "Data" --> "Sort" --> for "Sort by" in the
    pop-up window, select the column by which you want to sort --> "OK"

    Regards,
    B. R. Ramachandran

  5. #5

    Sorting question Solved