Drop-Down Menus in Data Entry Form?

  1. #1

    Drop-Down Menus in Data Entry Form?

    I have a drop-down menu containing the months of the year in my
    spreadsheet. I want to train people to enter data using the data entry
    form (Data --> Form). Is there any way to make this drop-down menu
    appear in the data entry form?

  2. #2

    Re: Drop-Down Menus in Data Entry Form?

    You could create a macro that displays the data|form dialog.

    But when would you want to run that macro?

    When the workbook opens?
    When the worksheet is activated?
    Only when the user wants to see it?

    The line of code could be as simple as:

    ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Drop-Down Menus in Data Entry Form?

    You can't show a data validation list in the standard data form.
    If you can use add-ins, you could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data
    Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could display a
    list of items.

    http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

    --
    Debra Dalgleish