Show week number in current month

  1. #1

    Show week number in current month

    Hi,

    In cell A1 I have a "=today()" to show todays date in dd/mm/yy format, in cell B1, I would like to have have a number to represent the week number in the current month. So the 2/12/05 would show in B1 as "1" while 30/12/05 would show as "5". Using "=weeknum(A1)" gives me the week number against the whole year (ie - 53) for todays date. How can get B1 to show only 1 to 5 for the weeks in the current month only?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Show week number in current month

    =INT((DAY(A1)+7)/7)

    assuming you are using a simple rule of days 1-7 are week 1, 8-14 week 2,

    RP

    "DKerr" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks,

    That works perfectly

  4. #4
    Joe
    Guest

    Re: Show week number in current month

    Bob, I tried this, and it puts the 7th day into week 2. Is there some way to
    keep 1-7 as week 1?

  5. #5

    Re: Show week number in current month

    How about: