Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?

  1. #1
    doodah
    Guest

    Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?

    Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i need a blank
    worksheet with the formulas still intact.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?

    doodah, try this, Edit, go to, special, constants, OK, delete

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Have a similar issue...

    Summary page with titles, fixed data, and variable data entered as needed PLUS 750 linked pages each of which has titles, fixed data and variable data entered. By following Pual B's suggestion and highlighting to the right and below titles and fixed data the Summary page is easily blanked. (Thanks Paul B).

    Would also like to clear the entries in Cells B2:C21 on each of the 750 pages without affecting the column titles and other constants on each page.

    Plan had been clear one page manually, copy cells A1:C21 then CRTRL PAGE DOWN to next Sheet and PASTE via macro 749 times in a row. (This will only take about 30 minutes once a year so it isn't a big deal and is how the pages were created in the first place).

    However if there is a slicker solution that would be great.

    Any ideas?

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?

    kghexce, here is one way,

    Sub Clear_Range()
    'Will clear whats in B2:C21 in all sheets
    'except sheet named Summary
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    For Each ws In Worksheets
    If ws.Name <> "Summary" Then
    With ws
    .Range("B2:C21").ClearContents
    End With
    End If
    Next ws

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    "kghexce" <[email protected]> wrote in

  5. #5
    Know nothing about VBA and thus just added the code to an existing module, resaved it and ran. Must have done something wrong as it just worked and worked and worked. Needed to kill via Task Manager.

    Did the 'clear one sheet, copy and paste' via macro 750 times. Surprisingly, it took less than 10 minutes to empty all the sheets. (Saved a blank version as a template for 2007).

    My New Year's resolution is to read the recently acquired 'VBA for Dummies'.

    "I'll Be Back!" once the book is read and try again.

    Thanks so much for the tip.