terrible problem

  1. #1

    Unhappy terrible problem

    I would like to know if this is possible:

    I have two workbooks.. one from this fiscal year and one from last each has 5 reports each of them with 12 months. Currently every month, I pull up last years report and add in the month I am in from last year.. ex: we are in dec of FY 06, so I would go to dec FY 05 and add up sept, oct, nov and dec to get my total. I need to just add a month from the previous year each month. Is there a formula that could do that each month that would just do it when I opened the workbook, if the month had changed??

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: terrible problem

    Hi

    Supposing your sheets had month names starting in B1 and extending
    through M1, and had Row labels in A2 downward.
    With A1 being blank, enter in A1 the number of months required to be
    summed, then the formula would be

    =SUM(Sheet1!$B2:OFFSET(Sheet1!$B2,0,0,1,A1))
    Copy down for other rows.
    Change Sheet name for other years.

    --
    Regards