Import External Data Source File Location Changed

  1. #1
    Louise
    Guest

    Import External Data Source File Location Changed

    Hi,

    I have setup an Access database which holds tables of information I need to
    present in Excel. I have setup an 'Import External Data' Access Query, which
    works fine and pulls through fresh data when I refresh the query, however I
    moved the source file to another location and it can't find it.

    Is there a way I can change this, I have 12 worksheets linking to different
    tables in this database and am slightly reluctant to set them up again if I
    don't need to.

    Thanks for any help...

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Import External Data Source File Location Changed

    Try this:

    Put a copy of the Access database back in its original location

    In your workbook, edit the query (Data>Import External Data>Edit Query)
    From the query window, click the [SQL] button.
    -The SQL code should display the location of the Access file.
    -->Change it to the new location
    Then, return the data.

    Last step: Delete the copy of the MDB file

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    Louise
    Guest

    RE: Import External Data Source File Location Changed

    Excellent - THANK YOU - it worked perfectly!

    Kind Rgds,
    Louise

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Import External Data Source File Location Changed

    Thanks for the feedback...I'm glad I could help.

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro