Sorting Data & Updating Automatically

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Sorting Data & Updating Automatically

    I have a list of names with corresponding numbers (sales data) and I am wondering if there is a way that when I change the numbers, the list sorts automatically and updates itself and ranks from highest to lowest. I know how to do it manually but is there a way to sort automatically?

    TIA.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    So is this not possible?

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    TN
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365
    Quote Originally Posted by sabunabu
    I have a list of names with corresponding numbers (sales data) and I am wondering if there is a way that when I change the numbers, the list sorts automatically and updates itself and ranks from highest to lowest. I know how to do it manually but is there a way to sort automatically?

    TIA.
    I haven't figured this out either. I did make a small button in a picture editing program, typed a label on it (sort). I created a macro that would sort the data, inserted the button I made, then assigned the macro to it. I just click the button and everything sorts.

    JF

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Thanks. That does help.

    How did you assing the macro though?

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    TN
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365
    Quote Originally Posted by sabunabu
    Thanks. That does help.

    How did you assing the macro though?
    I first created the macro. On your worksheet, select the cell you want your button to appear. Click on insert, picture, from file, select the button image. Once your button is there, RIGHT mouse click on the button, select "Assign Macro".

    JF

  6. #6

    Re: Sorting Data & Updating Automatically

    Sorting automatically when I'm doing data entry would drive me nuts. If I
    mistype something, I may not be able to find it!

    How about an alternative:
    http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html
    From Debra Dalgleish's site.