Office Service Pack 3 - No CD ROM

  1. #1
    Steve Christiansen
    Guest

    Office Service Pack 3 - No CD ROM

    My CD ROM does not work on my computer and I'm probably not going to get it
    fixed (will be getting a new computer later). Office Service Pack 3
    automatically started and it asked for the Microsoft CD, which won't work on
    the computer. I had to cancel it.

    Now when I try to run Excel it wants to do an install and it asks for the
    CD. I can't get past this to open Excel.

    Is there a way to undo what this Service Pack started and go back to the way
    it was. I would rather have Excel without the Service Pack than not have
    Excel at all.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Office Service Pack 3 - No CD ROM

    Steve,

    Maybe...

    System Restore
    Start | All Programs | Administrative Tools | System Tools | System Restore

    or

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301
    "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility"

    Jim Cone