Have lost the ability to paste from the keyboard or menu

  1. #1
    Bob Reynolds
    Guest

    Have lost the ability to paste from the keyboard or menu

    Hello, I have had to completely re-install my office software from ground up
    and when I installed it, I made all work from my computer (complete
    install). Today I was trying to copy and paste a cell and when I do the copy
    function is dark and accessible but the paste function is greyed out. I
    can't paste anything.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bob Reynolds

  2. #2

    Re: Have lost the ability to paste from the keyboard or menu

    There could be a macro running that destroys the clipboard.

    If you open excel in safe mode:
    close excel
    windows start button|Run
    excel /safe
    file|open yourworkbookname.xls

    Does edit|copy, edit|paste work?

    If it does, it'll be time to look for macros (maybe
    worksheet_selectionchange???).