row insertion and formatting default

  1. #1
    brianTmcnamara
    Guest

    row insertion and formatting default

    I'm preparing a model to distribute to various individuals where they will
    inevitiably insert new rows. In most cases they will not "insert options"
    and insert row with above (or below) formatting. is there a way to set
    default formats for inserted rows/columns? Is this possible for cell
    formulas? is there also a way to lock row or columns as one can lock a
    worksheet?

  2. #2
    NUMBnut
    Guest

    RE: row insertion and formatting default

    Copy the row that has the correct formatting in it. Then do a paste special
    in a blank row below the "list" and choose to paste formats. This should
    make it to when they insert a row it should have those formats in it. There,
    unfortunately, is not a way to lock just a row or column. You will have to
    lock the sheet, and just unlock any cells, rows, or columns that you want to
    allow them to change. You can unlock them in the cell formating feature
    under the protection tab.