Pivot Table Date Range

  1. #1
    John Calder
    Guest

    Pivot Table Date Range

    Hi

    I am using Win2000 and Excel 2000. I would like to know if there is a way of
    including a date range in a pivot table that allows me to select between 2
    dates.

    That is, I would like to be able to type in a specific start date (ie;
    01/01/05) and a specific end date (ie; 18/05/05) and have the pivot table
    extract the data. Is this possible?

    Any help will be much appreciated.

    Thanks

    John

  2. #2

    Re: Pivot Table Date Range

    I like to do it this way:

    I insert another column in the raw data. I create a formula in that helper
    column:

    =if(and(a2>=date(2005,1,1),a2<=date(2005,5,5)),"show","Hide")

    Then I use that field as a page field in the pivottable. I can choose to show
    "show" or "hide" or "(all)".