Extracing embedded images from an XLS file

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    Extracing embedded images from an XLS file

    I have a customer who manually maintains a catalog of products in an Excel
    file, one item per row, with a picture of the item embedded into the first
    cell on each row. They want to webify this catalog, so I need to pull out
    the images. Is there a utility or method (using VBA, etc.) to automatically
    extract all the embedded images into separate BMP or JPG files?

    Thanks.
    -- Paul

  2. #2

    Re: Extracing embedded images from an XLS file

    Try saving the workbook as a .html file.

    Then you'll see another folder under the folder that holds that file that
    contains all the pictures.

  3. #3
    Paul
    Guest

    Re: Extracing embedded images from an XLS file

    Excellent, thanks.

    news:[email protected]...