x-axis labels on a pivot chart

  1. #1
    tykeinburton
    Guest

    x-axis labels on a pivot chart

    I have a chart based on a pivot table that uses two measures on the
    x-axis, however when I try to align x-axis labels to show vertically it
    only aligns the first measures label, leaving the 2nd label still on
    the horizontal.

    Is there any way of re-aligning the label for the 2nd measure?

    Thanks

    Martin.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: x-axis labels on a pivot chart

    Martin,

    I confess, I have very little experience with charts based upon a
    pivot table. However, you should be able to manually change the
    position of a data label... by first selecting the label, then clicking it again.
    That selects a single label and you can drag it to a new position.

    I have a free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels" that aligns/positions labels,
    and allows you to use text (including cell and text formatting)
    from cells on a worksheet. You might want to experiment with it.
    Can be downloaded here...

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    news:[email protected]

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: x-axis labels on a pivot chart

    A normal chart behaves the same way -- only the inner labels are rotated.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  4. #4