Challenging Problem

  1. #1
    Naji
    Guest

    Challenging Problem

    OK Guys, I am stumped here once again.

    I am trying to figure out how to look up formats on another worksheet
    and paste the format (color) to my current table ONLY if there's a
    match.

    This is the match that I have, but I only want it to implement the
    color of the cell, and not the value, and only to do so if there's a
    match and not otherwise.

    =LOOKUP(C$5,'\\Srvr1\Users\ProdCtrl\Schedulers\[8WeekForecast-Color]Result.xls'!$C$3:$IT$3,'\\Srvr1\Users\ProdCtrl\Schedulers\[8WeekForecast-Color]Result.xls'!$C4:$IT4)

    Anyone have any direction on what the vb code would look like for this?

    Thanks in advance, if anyone is able to help with this.

  2. #2

    Re: Challenging Problem

    Formulas can only return values to the cell with the formula. They can't bring
    back colors.