How do I open a workbook in a specific sheet

  1. #1
    PetterSn
    Guest

    How do I open a workbook in a specific sheet

    I want to open an excel- workbook and start directly in a specified sheet in
    a workbook with 200 sheets. Is there a way to name the file so I know which
    sheet is the active?

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: How do I open a workbook in a specific sheet

    Hi Petter,

    Try:
    '=============>>
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Me.Sheets("Sheet1").Activate '<<==== CHANGE
    End Sub
    '<<=============

    Change Sheet1 to the name of the required sheet.

    This is workbook event code and should be pasted into the workbook's
    ThisWorkbook module *not* a standard module or a sheet module):

    Right-click the Excel icon on the worksheet
    (or the icon to the left of the File menu if your workbook is maximised)
    Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code.
    Alt-F11 to return to Excel.

    If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's
    'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    PetterSn
    Guest

    Re: How do I open a workbook in a specific sheet

    What I want is to open different sheets every time, like a database. I have
    informations from various objects in every sheet, and want an adress that
    points to the sheet of interest. I want to link the workbook, with the 200
    sheets, to a map that when clicked on a house, the worksheet with updated
    information about that house is opened.

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: How do I open a workbook in a specific sheet

    Hi Petter,

    As a starting point, see David McRitchies Table of Contents page at:

    ---