Can I display the actual data in the data field of a pivot chart?

  1. #1
    Tom Pivot!
    Guest

    Can I display the actual data in the data field of a pivot chart?

    Using Excel 2003, I am creating a pivot table using customer data similar to
    the following:

    Customer Location Interface Code
    12 Excel
    21 Word
    22 Excel ABC
    23 Outlook XYZ

    I am placing the Customer Location in the row area, the Interface in the
    column area and the Code in the data area. I would like the Code to show in
    the pivot table as the "123", "456", "ABC", and "XYZ". I don't want a count
    of those values, I just want the actual values to print in the pivot table.
    Is this possible?

    Thanks for any help!
    Tom

  2. #2
    ERR229
    Guest

    RE: Can I display the actual data in the data field of a pivot chart?

    PivotTables are designed to aggregate data so the data area can only contain
    some kind of summation (or count, or standard devitation, etc.)

    ERR229