Extract data (not in table) from Word to Excel

  1. #1
    hellokitty77
    Guest

    Extract data (not in table) from Word to Excel

    I'm trying to find a way to tag free text in Word and then auto extract
    all the tagged text into an Excel spreadsheet. Does anyone have any
    suggestions?

  2. #2
    Martin P
    Guest

    RE: Extract data (not in table) from Word to Excel

    Tag the text by bolding it. Go to Edit, Replace and replace bold text with
    Find What Text/// (the field shows ^&///). Remove text that is not bold by
    replacing bold text with nothing. Replace /// with paragraph marks. Change
    Bold to Not Bold. Copy what you have left to Excel.
    If there is already bold text in the document you can choose another font
    that is not in the document, or you can use Marching Black Ants.