Help: Need to produce list of unique names from multiple name occurances

  1. #1

    Help: Need to produce list of unique names from multiple name occurances

    Situation:
    Daily I produce a large SS from a database. In one column are names (persons, regions, or empty celss etc.) which may appear multilple times throughout the entire column, such as;

    joe
    sue
    joe
    regionA
    joe
    sue
    Willy Nelson
    etc.

    Objective:
    I need a formula [or macro], which I assume will be placed at the end of the column, which will produce a new list of names, having only one (1) occurance of the name, such as;

    joe
    sue
    regionA
    Willy Neson

    Thanks for any help you can provide

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Need to produce list of unique names from multiple name occurances

    Try using Data-->Filter-->Advanced Filter, choose the Unique...
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Thanks Anne !

    It's truly amazing the help you get from people like you !

    Thank you for your solution. It provided me a quick way to get this done. I will attempt to put it in a macro, so that it becomes an automated task.

    jP

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Help: Need to produce list of unique names from multiple name occurances

    So glad I could help! You can "steal" bunches of macros over at
    www.vbaexpress.com/kb
    If you join the forum, you can search there too. It's all free.