open a non-office file using cell data from excel

  1. #1
    dcauldwell
    Guest

    open a non-office file using cell data from excel

    can I open a non-office file using cell data from excel.
    I want to use data calculated within excel, which I have then put into a
    string, to then be used to open the file, to which that string refers.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: open a non-office file using cell data from excel

    Have a look in vba help for SHELL

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Woytaz
    Guest

    Re: open a non-office file using cell data from excel

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:09:02 +0100, dcauldwell
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    I'm using something like this for application VNC. In excel there is
    column with ip addresses and this macro (I've created a module):

    Sub VNC()
    RetVal = Shell("C:\Program Files\UltraVnc\vncviewer.exe " &
    ActiveCell.Value)
    End Sub

    Generally command Shell is allowing you to run other apps