Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Totals for filtered data

  1. #1
    Skeeve1313
    Guest

    Totals for filtered data

    Is there a way to have Excel give totals for filtered data automatically when
    I filter the data?

  2. #2

    Re: Totals for filtered data

    I like to put my totals in row 1, my headers in row 2 and my data in rows 3:xxx.

    Then I can use =subtotal(#,xx:xx) in row one to get those nice subtotals.

    And =subtotal() will ignore those rows hidden by an autofilter.

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: Totals for filtered data

    Hi

    Another way is to select the column for summing and, when the filter is
    applied, the total can be read in the status bar at the bottom right (or the
    average, count, etc) automatically. Change the filter, and the total
    changes.

    Andy.

    "Dave Peterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I like to put my totals in row 1, my headers in row 2 and my data in rows
    >3:xxx.
    >
    > Then I can use =subtotal(#,xx:xx) in row one to get those nice subtotals.
    >
    > And =subtotal() will ignore those rows hidden by an autofilter.
    >
    > Skeeve1313 wrote:
    >>
    >> Is there a way to have Excel give totals for filtered data automatically
    >> when
    >> I filter the data?

    > --
    >
    > Dave Peterson