Help in Grasping a Concept

  1. #1
    StompS
    Guest

    Help in Grasping a Concept

    I am trying to learn about Macros because our head financial guy is a boob
    and has everything screwed up.

    Here is what I am trying to do:

    1. I have a list of main data in a spreadsheet on one worksheet
    2. Each row of this data needs to be shown as a multiple row view on another
    sheet (more like it's own mini spreadsheet) as the data needs to be readable
    and doesn't make sense spread out on a row that has 100 columns.
    3. In theory, I would like to create a new sheet for each row on my main
    worksheet that will show the data in the "viewable" format so, if I have 25
    rows of data, I would have 26 worksheets - my main worksheet plus one
    worksheet for each of my data rows.

    Thanks!
    --

    StompS
    Portland, OR

  2. #2
    msnews.microsoft.com
    Guest

    Re: Help in Grasping a Concept

    Stomp:

    No reason to have 26 sheets in your case. Toss all the sheets and just
    create them on the fly with your macro off of the "record row" so to speak.

    This subroutine just takes the first 100 columns of the second row and dumps
    them in to the first 100 rows of the second column in a new sheet.

    To do this for a record, you would need to have a way to indicate what
    record you wanted to show you could just grab the currently selected cell's
    row. So you would select a cell, and click on whatever you have launching
    the macro (usually a commandbutton).

    I suppose technically we should delete the sheet that is displaying the
    record when we're done viewing it. You could even have it pull the sheet
    name from a cell in the record (I noticed that in an earlier post of yours)
    when it creates the sheet.

    Sub SheetView()
    Set MainSheet = ActiveSheet
    Set newsheet = Sheets.Add(Type:=xlWorksheet)
    For i = 1 To 100
    newsheet.Cells(i, 2).Value = MainSheet.Cells(2, i).Value
    Next
    newsheet.Select
    End Sub

    If you need any more advice, i'll keep an eye on this thread.

    -Tangent

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    StompS
    Guest

    Re: Help in Grasping a Concept

    Thanks for the reply.....but here's, specifically, what I need (am
    trying?????) to do:

    It tracks individual properties and there status in the company (process)
    and all pertinent data associated with that property (ie. purchase price,
    contractor, lockbox code, listing price, etc. - there are about 200 pieces
    of data). At any given status (process) there is pertinent data that needs
    to be viewed and printed easily. Also, there is a process that needs to be
    visually represented as a spreadsheet on multiple lines (per property, which
    on the main sheet is only allocated 1 line). I envisioned a main sheet that
    has all the raw data (ie column1- address, column 2-purchase price, etc).
    Then a tab at the bottom for the 10-15 "processes" that we have so you could
    click on that "process" or "stage" and view the pertinent data and print if
    desired.

    news:[email protected]...