Identify Breakeven Point by EXCEL

  1. #1
    !Cheapnet
    Guest

    Identify Breakeven Point by EXCEL

    ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@
    Year 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th ¡@ ¡@ ¡@
    Cumulative Cash Flow -100 200 -300 400 500 650 800 ¡@ ¡@ ¡@
    ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@ ¡@

    Objective: To set a formula / create a simple approach (no VBA) in
    yellow box to identify the breakeven point (i.e. 4th year)

    Sameple answer: 4th
    (i.e. the N+1 th year after the last -ve cumulative cash flow)

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Identify Breakeven Point by EXCEL

    Hi

    With years in A1:J1 (I extended it to 10 years) and values in A2:K2
    then the following array formula will return your result
    {=MATCH(0,IF(A2:K2<0,A2:K2,""))+1}

    Commit (or amend) the formula using Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than just
    Enter, and Excel will insert the curly braces { } for you.
    Do not type the curly braces yourself.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier