Combining macros

  1. #1
    GarToms
    Guest

    Combining macros

    Hi all,

    I'm looking to merge 2 macros in one so they both activate when i
    select a button. The macro code is as follows, the first needs to
    occur first.

    MACRO 1:
    Sub RemoveFormulasDeleteRows()
    '
    ' RemoveFormulasDeleteRows Macro
    ' Macro recorded 19/01/2006 by Corus
    '

    '
    Range("A14:R71").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
    SkipBlanks:= _
    False, Transpose:=False
    Range("C16").Select
    End Sub

    MACRO 2
    Function RowIsEmpty(n As Double) As Boolean
    If Cells(n, 1).Value = "" And Cells(n, 1).End(xlToRight).Value = ""
    Then _
    RowIsEmpty = True Else RowIsEmpty = False
    End Function
    Sub HideEmptyRows()
    Dim tableEnd As Double
    Dim m As Double

    'tableEnd is set to the last row in the spreadsheet.
    'work backwards from the last row upwards and hide the row if it is
    empty.

    tableEnd = Range("a1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row
    For m = tableEnd To 1 Step -1
    If RowIsEmpty(m) Then Cells(m, 1).EntireRow.Hidden = True
    Next m

    Toms

    --
    GarToms

  2. #2
    Stanley
    Guest

    RE: Combining macros

    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Call RemoveFormulasDeleteRows
    Call RowIsEmpty
    End Sub

    Just replace CommandButton1 with your button name. This will run them in the
    order you see above.

  3. #3
    GarToms
    Guest

    Re: Combining macros

    I'm trying to make a macro out of this but it doesn't appear in the
    macro list when i put it in vb. Does anyone know how i can use this
    code?

    Private Sub Generate()
    Call PasteBus
    Call HideEmptyRows