Dual Monitor silliness

  1. #1

    Angry Dual Monitor silliness

    At least three or four times a day, when I open two or more xl docs, the tools disappear, leaving me only with file, edit etc.

    The only way to get these back is to close the files & re-open them.

    V frustrating.

    Anyone else experienced this using dual monitors & anyone have an idea of how to stop it?

    Cheers,

    kpnuts

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Dual Monitor silliness

    I have 3 flat panel displays and have not experienced the problem
    you describe. When this happens, can you go to the View menu,
    choose Toolbars, and re-select the missing items?

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bill Martin
    Guest

    Re: Dual Monitor silliness

    kpnuts wrote:
    > At least three or four times a day, when I open two or more xl docs, the
    > tools disappear, leaving me only with file, edit etc.
    >
    > The only way to get these back is to close the files & re-open them.
    >
    > V frustrating.
    >
    > Anyone else experienced this using dual monitors & anyone have an idea
    > of how to stop it?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > kpnuts

    The only time I've seen this is when I have an XLS open, then I click on a link
    in my browser which opens a web XLS in the browser. Somehow that seems to screw
    up my Excel system.

    You can turn the various tool bars back on manually, but I've always been wary
    that something else may have been changed under the covers that I don't realize
    so like you say, I shut down and restart.

    The frustrating thing is that opening an XLS from the browser did not screw up
    Excel in times past. Something changed.

    Bill