Filter/Select multiple rows

  1. #1
    Sweden

    Question Filter/Select multiple rows

    Is this possible to do?

    The result I want is to filter ALL common (group of) values column CA that has the value 1 in column CB
    So the result would look something like this:
    Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Filter/Select multiple rows

    You need to use a helper column of formulas: in CC2, for example, use one of these formulas

    =SUMIF(CA:CA,CA2,CB:CB)=0

    =SUMPRODUCT(($CA$2:$CA$1000=CA2*$CB$2:$CB$1000=1))=0

    depending on whether you only have 1's and 0's or other numbers...

    Then copy them down to match you column, and filter on CC for TRUE.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Filter/Select multiple rows

    Try this:
    Make sure your data has column headings above the actual data.
    Select your entire data list (including the headings)
    Data>Filter>AutoFilter
    Click the dropdown list in Col_CB
    Select 0 <-zero (your example indicates you want zero values)

    The list should now hide all rows where Col_CB does not = zero.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Filter/Select multiple rows

    Well, I completely misinterpreted what you are looking for:

    Try this:
    CD1: test
    CD: =SUMPRODUCT(($CB$2:$CB$18=CB2)*$CC$2:$CC$18)=0

    Select your data list CA1:CB1000
    Data>Filter>Advanced Filter
    List Range: (your already selected list)
    Criteria Range: $CE$1:$CE$2
    Click the [OK] button

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  5. #5
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Filter/Select multiple rows

    Correction:

    THIS:
    CD1: test
    CD: =SUMPRODUCT(($CB$2:$CB$18=CB2)*$CC$2:$CC$18)=0

    SHOULD BE:
    CE1: test
    CE2: =SUMPRODUCT(($CB$2:$CB$18=CB2)*$CC$2:$CC$18)=0

    My appologies for the typos.

    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  6. #6
    Sweden
    Thx for the fast replies, I'll try them and get back

    Edit:Thank you Ron, I think your soloution did the job for me, had to change some small things, but atleast now I have an idea how to do it

    (I put labels over the data, that's why it starts at row 2)
    Last edited by a_moron; 01-20-2006 at 11:06 AM.