Multiple Text files into one worksheet-need help

  1. #1

    Multiple Text files into one worksheet-need help

    I have multiple text files that I want to load into a microsoft excel
    spread sheet. Here is how it goes, I have four folders each contains
    about 20 data sets. I will have more, is there any way I can write a
    macro to load these text files starting at row 19 into one worksheet.
    Each data set contains two columns and about 250 rows. The file names
    in a folder go up by experiment and number so it goes emi1.txt,
    emi2.txt....then emi(2)1.txt, emi(2)2.txt and so on and so forth. If I
    can even load one folder at a time that would be great, I tried
    recording a macro but I would have to copy and paste and change the
    file name and target cell over 60 times. Is there anyway I can do this
    easily, and if possible have the filename be located on the first row?

    Thanks
    Bob

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Multiple Text files into one worksheet-need help

    You might take a look at Jim Cone's free Add-in called ListFiles......it
    won't do the whole job for you, but it might make it a lot easier......

    Available at http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primi.../products.php?

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    yanks6rule
    Guest

    Re: Multiple Text files into one worksheet-need help

    In another forum I found this macro and I don't know if it will work
    for what I want to do but I thought someone who has a little more
    expertise might know.

    Thanks

    Sub opentext()

    Dim i As Integer

    For i = 1 To 10000

    Workbooks.opentext Filename:="D:\VB\10000" & i & ".out", _ /The text
    file can be name as 10001, 10002,....
    Origin:=xlMSDOS, _
    StartRow:=1, _
    DataType:=xlDelimited, _