Copying filtered data to another Excel Spreadsheet

  1. #1

    Copying filtered data to another Excel Spreadsheet

    Hi,

    We are trying to copy filtered data from one Excel spreadsheet into an
    Excel template. Users then save the file onto their hard-drive. We
    cannot figure out a way to do this. There are numerous hidden columns
    and 1/2 of the pane is frozen at column C (There are 23 columns of
    data.)

    When we try to copy and paste, the hidden column screws up the data,
    (nothing is in the correct column. ) For example, if I had columns
    titled as follows:

    Title
    Tracking Number (hidden column)
    Department
    and Sponsor

    The Data would appear Follows:

    Ankle Sprain Order Set, as the Title--This is correct
    and Vinny Chang as the Department, This is incorrect.

    When we Cut and Paste, the columns line up correctly, but all data from
    the spreadsheet is copied under the filtered data.

    When we copy using Edit>Move or Copy Sheet. . . , the filtered data is
    filtered; but still there.

    We are using Excel 2003.

    Any suggestions.
    Thanks
    Kim

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Copying filtered data to another Excel Spreadsheet

    Only copy the visible cells
    See this example for AutoFilter

    http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Copy

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3

    Re: Copying filtered data to another Excel Spreadsheet

    Hi,

    I tried it, and it still gets gets messed up by the hidden columns.

    Thanks though!

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Copying filtered data to another Excel Spreadsheet

    When you paste, the data is pasted into a contiguous block of cells,
    even if columns or rows in that range are hidden.

    Perhaps the hidden columns in the destination workbooks could be moved
    to the far right of the table, so they don't interfere with the copy and
    paste.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List