Automating reports and printing

  1. #1

    Automating reports and printing

    Hi all,

    Not sure if this is in the right place, if not could a moderator move it for me please.

    Basically i am looking for some help. I have a spreadsheet for a statement that i need to run once every quarter. At the moment it is set up using a sheet of data and a sheet that is set out how we need the statement to look. The statement is currently getting information to it through vlookups based on me manually typing in a report number. This is starting to become unpractical as there are now over 300 statements that i need to print off every quarter.

    I have been thinking about maybe using a macro to make this quicker but the problem i have is that there are over 2000 lines and around 300 statements to print, but the report numbers are not the same every month.

    Does anybody know of a quicker (it's currently taking me a day and a bit to print them all off) way of doing things?

    I'm not sure if i make much sense. If i don't please ask and i will try to explain better.

    Thanks.

    Angel

  2. #2
    Kooster
    Guest

    RE: Automating reports and printing

    Move the application over to MS-Access and use the Report Writer to help you
    with the layout and printing. The data tables should move over to the
    MS-Access database without too much trouble and you will have more
    functionality and less manual work in producing the statements.

    P.

  3. #3
    Thanks for that. I never thought about doing it that way. I have another quick question though. How do i get the information from Excel to Access? I've never done it before. Is it simply a case of copy and paste?

  4. #4
    Not to worry i've just managed to do it.

  5. #5
    Kooster
    Guest

    Re: Automating reports and printing

    Let me (and others) know how this ends up....

    P.