How do I add verbiage to a cell that has a hyperlink already

  1. #1
    bowlegged64
    Guest

    How do I add verbiage to a cell that has a hyperlink already

    When you insert a hyperlink into a cell is there a way to add more verbiage
    in addition to the hyperlink? I have not been successful in doing this.

  2. #2
    Wisconsin
    Do you actually want more wording on the hyperlink itself, or are you trying to have a hyperlink with alternate text associated to it?

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    You can add text as part of the name and then re-format that part of the hyperlink name to apear as regular text (i.e. no underline and black font). Add the text that you want in the Edit>Hyperlink. Then highlight the area you want to appear as normal text in the formula bar, right click on it and select format cells. You can then remove the underline, blue font etc... just for the area you selected. It is still part of the link though.

    HTH

    Steve

  4. #4
    bowlegged64
    Guest

    Re: How do I add verbiage to a cell that has a hyperlink already

    That would be correct. I wanted to have alternate text associated with the
    link.