need sum to show instead of formula in cell

  1. #1
    Linda
    Guest

    need sum to show instead of formula in cell

    I am trying to sum a column of numbers. Unfortunately the formula shows up
    instead of the actual sum. Please help!

  2. #2
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: need sum to show instead of formula in cell

    Check the formatting. It sounds like you have formatted it as text. If it
    is, change it to number format, or general. You might have to edit the
    formul for the formatting to take effect (highlight the cell, hit F2, and
    then enter).

  3. #3
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: need sum to show instead of formula in cell

    Select Tools>Options and make sure that Formulas is unchecked in the Windows
    Options section on the View tab