Does the Wrap function in excel allow a maximum number of lines?

  1. #1
    Redskins Fan
    Guest

    Does the Wrap function in excel allow a maximum number of lines?

    We are typing text into a cell --- after 8 lines of text it will no longer
    wrap -- is there a maximum number of lines excel will display?

  2. #2
    Philip Reece-Heal
    Guest

    Re: Does the Wrap function in excel allow a maximum number of lines?

    There is a limitation in Excel as far as wrap text and visible text is
    concerned. In excels own help files the following can be found under Excel
    specifications and limits:

    Length of cell contents:-
    32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the
    formula bar.

    So, display is limited to 1024 cells

    Regards
    Philip

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: Does the Wrap function in excel allow a maximum number of lines?

    Hi Redskins Fan, I guess. You can extend the viewable size in a cell by
    entering hard carriage returns periodically, say after every 3rd row. When
    you want to add a line, hit alt-enter. HTH
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin

  4. #4

    Re: Does the Wrap function in excel allow a maximum number of lines?

    Add alt-enters (to force new lines within the cell) every 80 or 100 characters.
    You'll see lots more than the documented 1024 characters.