Footer does not print on bottom of document

  1. #1
    Frustrated...
    Guest

    Footer does not print on bottom of document

    I have had to reinstall Microsoft Office on my home PC. Since having done
    that, when I print my Excell spreadsheets, the Footer does not print on the
    bottom of my document. I have had to adjust all my bottom margins so that
    the footer will print on the bottom of my documents.
    Is there a setting that I need to change? Or is it a setting for my
    printer. My printer is an Epson Sylus CX6600. I think I've tried everything
    short of uninstalling and reinstalling my printer software, not sure that it
    would make any difference.

  2. #2
    Kooster
    Guest

    RE: Footer does not print on bottom of document

    Most likely you are attempting to print "outside the margins" of the printer.
    Check the default settings on the printer. But, I would have expected an
    error from the printer at the time of print, warning that you are attempting
    to do so. Epson has a print preview function that should allow you to view
    prior to print. It adds an extra step in the print process, but it can save
    you the frustration of a bad print job.

    P.

  3. #3
    Frustrated...
    Guest

    RE: Footer does not print on bottom of document

    When I go to print preview, everything that I want printed shows up exactly
    as it should...meaning my footer shows on the document. When I hit "print" I
    don't get message saying that I am trying to print "outside the margins". I
    have my bottom margin at 1.5 inches and my footer set at 2 inches in order to
    get my footer printed on my page, and then it's like right at the very bottom
    of the page. Short of reinstalling my printer software, I don't know what to
    do - could it be a setting for my printer that is set wrong??

  4. #4
    Frustrated...
    Guest

    RE: Footer does not print on bottom of document

    I checked the settings for my printer and discovered the error. There was an
    error with the setting for the type of paper I was using. I selected the
    correct paper type and tried printing agian - Problem solved...!