Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

merge two data sets one unique

  1. #1
    CESTOTT
    Guest

    merge two data sets one unique

    I am attempting to merge two excel worksheets. One has a set of unique ID
    numbers with accompanying data. The other has ID duplicative numbers, but I
    want corresponding info to be copied as appropriate.

  2. #2
    PancakeBatter
    Guest

    RE: merge two data sets one unique

  3. #3
    PancakeBatter
    Guest

    RE: merge two data sets one unique

    Hi Cestott-

    Maybe something like this?

    In unique ID table, insert a copy of ID column adjacent to ID column

    In duplicative ID table, insert blank column adjacent to ID column. Use a
    formula with Row and Concatenate functions to create a unique ID for each ID
    (ID+ rownumber).

    Copy unique ID table after duplicative ID table. Sort on new column. Use
    custom Data filter to select concantenated IDs that start with ID.

    PB