query for work help! showing final result

  1. #1
    fdabb
    Guest

    query for work help! showing final result

    Hi all

    Hoping someone can help - I am creating an evaluation form template and want
    just the overall result for a particular set of data ie.

    I have listed persons (1-30) across the top row and their response to a
    particular question down the first column (Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair,
    Poor). If they reply excellent one gets marked in that cell and the rest of
    the cells for that person for that question are blank.

    At the end of the row I have a formula to determine the greatest response
    i.e. 60% of respondants replied "Excellent", the row which has the
    "Excellent" response shows "Excellent" and the other (i.e. Very Good, Good
    etc) will show "0" (all using formulas, IF statements etc).

    I now need to show the final result to another summary worksheet - any
    suggestions for a formula that will get rid of the 0's and show just
    "Excellent", "Very Good", "Good", "Fair", or "Poor"? as they could show in
    any row in the column relating to the question. I've been at this all day and
    nearly given up - there must be a way!

    All help hugely appreciated.
    Cheers, fdab66.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: query for work help! showing final result

    Not really sure how your actual set-up is ..

    Here's my interp of what you might have over there:
    http://cjoint.com/?bzglftPpwm
    fdabb66_misc.xls

    Could you upload a small sample of your actual* file
    and paste the *link* to it in your reply here ?
    *sanitized if necessary

    Some free filehosts that could be used to upload your sample:
    http://www.flypicture.com/
    http://cjoint.com/index.php
    http://www.savefile.com/index.php

    For cjoint.com (it's in French), just click "Browse" button, navigate to
    your folder > select the sample file > Open, then click the button centred
    in the page below (labelled "Creer le lien Cjoint") and it'll generate the
    link. Then copy & paste the generated link as part and parcel of your
    response here.

    But kindly note that no attachments
    should be posted *directly* to the newsgroup
    --
    Max
    Singapore
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    fdabb
    Guest

    Re: query for work help! showing final result

    Hi Max,

    Thanks for getting back to me - I made an abridged version of the
    spreadsheet which you can find here: http://cjoint.com/?bzgSct1jcq

    Basically I want to insert the result from the data page to the appropriate
    place on the summary page.

    Thank you so much - I'd given up all hope

    Cheers, Fiona.

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: query for work help! showing final result

    Here's one way, implemented into your sample at:
    http://cjoint.com/?bzhGsbFjGk
    fdab66_data_and_summary_1.xls

    In sheet: Summary,

    Array-enter (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) in B4,
    then copy B4 down to B7:

    =INDEX(OFFSET(INDIRECT("Data!P"&MATCH(A4,Data!A:A,0)+1),,,5),MATCH(TRUE,OFFS
    ET(INDIRECT("Data!P"&MATCH(A4,Data!A:A,0)+1),,,5)<>"",0))

  5. #5
    fdabb
    Guest

    Re: query for work help! showing final result

    Max - you are a superstar!!!! Thanks very much for your help, it is really
    appreciated.

    Cheers, Fiona.

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Re: query for work help! showing final result

    You're welcome, Fiona !
    Thanks for the feedback ..